Natel is Hiring! We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s) – interested parties should send resumes to email@example.com:
Broadband Field Technician
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will be to be part of the Natel Broadband field team performing wireless installations, fiber optic installations, technical support, and network expansion and maintenance throughout Iowa.
As a broadband field technician, you will primarily be focused on new installations of our broadband services (wireless, fiber optic and phone). As a field tech, you will be a representative of our company in our customers’ homes and businesses. We expect that you will always uphold our five core values which are Positive, Never Quit, Reliable, Professional, and Entrepreneurial.
The essential functions of this position include:
- Installations and site clean-up, locates, service changes, troubleshooting, customer education
- Specific networking projects per request
- Network maintenance to ensure our existing networks are solid, reliable, and protected from vulnerabilities
- Adhering to the guidelines in the employee handbook including COVID policies
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and adhering to the daily schedule in Google Calendar
- Filling out job tickets in Platypus
- Communicating with the team via Slack
- Taking out the recycling on a weekly basis and keeping the dock door entryway tidy and clear
- Rotating with the rest of the field team maintaining the outdoor area at the office and vehicles including parking vehicles and equipment in their designated areas, shoveling the walkways during snowy weather, keeping the storage and trash/recycling area tidy and functional, checking the oil on equipment, etc
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms provided by the company.
- Ability to interact positively with customers and co-workers.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening, weekend, holidays and overtime as required.
- Experience working with computers and routers.
Must be able to lift 100 lbs. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate machinery such as a vibratory plow and mini excavator. Must be comfortable working with heights such as a bucket truck and on roofs.
We offer an excellent company culture and outstanding benefits including paid training, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid personal time, and discounted Internet and phone services.
What Are You Waiting For?
Natel strives to keep our rates competitive while maintaining outstanding customer support.
Your Local Fiber Provider
907 W. Burlington Avenue
Fairfield, Iowa 52556